How to group phrases for the semantic core of the site
And so we're trying to figure out what is the semantic core and how to collect. But this information is absolutely useless without the knowledge of the rules of grouping and clustering of phrases.
Why group phrase?
Importantly, the semantic core should consider not how many basic factors, namely, the desire, the interests of users and meet business goals of the project. Grouping phrases semantic kernel is needed:
- creation of site structure semantic kernel helps to determine the form in which it is necessary to organize the site menu and internal page linking;
- marketing analysis — analyze the current demand for goods and services;
- create a content plan — selection of topics of interest to the user, as well as the selection of queries to optimize specific pages of the site;
- create the correct linking of the website;
- separation of queries on commercial and information that the user requests best meet the business objectives of the website.
A competent group of search queries allows you to maximize search engine traffic.
There are several ways of clustering the key phrases in the semantic kernel.
Grouping can also be performed by type
Requests for information should be immediately distinguished as a separate group. When a person enters a query, he wants to find information to resolve a particular issue. Such queries are typical for information portals, news publications, in General for informative, popular scientific, educational websites.
To information queries include the key phrases with "what", "when", "where", "how" and "instruction" and "feedback", "forum" and so on.
- quality traffic reviews
- customized traffic graph before and after
- traffic is
- traffic to do it yourself
- quality traffic reviews forum
Transactional (commercial) queries help the user to perform some action — download, buy, download. For the online stores is transaction requests result in targeted and effective audience.
- traffic price
- how much is the traffic to the site
- traffic value
- the cost of traffic by geo
In a separate group highlighted geo-dependent queries. It is the queries that a user expects to see local or regional sites.
- repair services
- internal decoration of the house
- specialists for repair work
General or fuzzy queries can be both informational and transactional. In this case, it is unclear the purpose of the user. Conversion for this type of queries is much less than for a transactional.
- traffic for business website
- traffic to the site
- quick to raise the traffic on the website
- options traffic
To promote the site according to requests is difficult, since it is unclear what the user needs: the information about "traffic" or order of service.
You need to identify synonymous query:
- order traffic
- to order visitors to the site
- the price of traffic
- fast traffic price
Grouping by meaning is primarily intended for user convenience. We have to understand the level requirements for the product or service, and lead to the goal.
Grouping of requests by page type
Main types of pages:
- main — words and phrases that are generally characteristic of the site, for example: quality traffic for the website from Estonia;
- categories/subcategories of goods and services — total requests for goods and services, for example: traffic price, traffic from Estonia;
- card of goods/services — group queries relevant to the specific product or service, for example: CPC, CPM;
- information pages (blog/article) pages that will answer a specific information request, such as: what is SEO and why it is important; for other pages.
The rules of grouping keywords:
1. One token request moves one page website. This does not mean that for each request the website needs to be a separate page. Just the same request is not allowed to optimize several pages. Otherwise, the website will spawn similar in meaning page, which will lead to difficulties in navigation.
2. Selected keywords for the page should give a comprehensive answer to the user. For example, the appearance of the word "buy" in the query should result in the purchase of a product on the website. On request "price" the user should see price list.
3. High-frequency queries should be no further one or two clicks from the home page, in categories.
4. On the main page it is recommended to make General queries more specific requests of goods, services must be allocated to the category pages and products.
5. It is unacceptable to combine the visit commercial and informational queries. Commercial requests — catalogs, price lists, pages, services, information, articles, news, blog posts.
6. In one group it is best to add the words very close in meaning and structure to others within the query words. For example, such queries can be "website traffic", "fast traffic", "traffic quality".
What usually make mistakes when you group phrases
1. Do not use low-frequency queries
Creating a filter for low-frequency queries allows you to make the page more useful and convenient. Low-frequency queries are more precise and indicate the specific product or service that, in turn, leads to further successful conversions.
- master in interior design home
- internal finish without the wizard
2. Mixing commercial and informational queries
These two types of queries have different goals — attracting ready to buy customers and expanding the range of queries that can detect the site.
3. To unite different groups in one page
Going back to the fact that for each group of queries should have its own landing page.
The first and the second query is to group and place on one landing page, fourth and fifth on the other. Each subsequent query should have its own landing page. So the user will see the page with the necessary information.
- Semantic kernel must fully define the scope of the project.
- Group of keywords is needed for many purposes — from market analysis of goods and services to create the optimal structure of the site;
- When you group queries must start from the business goals of the project;
The basic rules when you group keywords:
- one group of search queries on one landing page;
- landing page must be relevant to the user's requests and to give an exhaustive answer;
- it is not necessary to advance the project in General terms, as well as mixing in the same group information and commercial requests.
Group the queries correctly and attract the maximum traffic from search engines.